Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

THE CRUX OF OUR CIRCUMSTANCE

As I finished my post this morning, I realized that I did not currently possess any formidable strategy for writing this blog. I have learned so much over the last few years, and believe I offer a unique perspective to the reader. I am consumed with many subjects that clutter my mind, and make it hard for me to write in a clear and concise manner. Ironically, I read an article this morning that touches on what I believe to be our greatest threat, as a sovereign nation. It is not Islam, or terrorism, or illegal immigration. It is unequivocally the unbridled growth of, and out-of-control spending by, our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!
The two party paradigm of Republican and Democrat is woefully obsolete. Neither party is committed to upholding the doctrine of the U.S. Constitution. It is the primary vow of all elected representatives(including the President) to uphold the doctrine of the U.S. Constitution. It is not a choice. It is a mandate. Those who fail to uphold its rules of law can be punished for treason. I submit to you that our leaders violate the rule of law of the U.S. Constitution on a daily basis.
I will spend the next few blogs focusing on this breach of conduct by our representatives, and its significance to our future as a sovereign nation. To start, I suggest you read this article explaining the difference in ideology between a great founding father, Thomas Jefferson, and a great president Abraham Lincoln. It may surprise you.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/eboch1.1.1.html

May I also suggest you gain a copy of the U.S. Constitution. I will be citing it on a regular basis.

http://www.usconstitution.net/

3 comments:

  1. go doug, but be very careful

    ReplyDelete
  2. great
    good luck
    Tig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly you believe the Federal Government is too powerful. I think over the course of your writings you first need to lay down a framework for that view. By what standard is the government too powerful? What are the consequences of this? What are the alternatives to our current arrangement? Can other entities outside of the Federal Government, such as state/local governments, corporations, or even families also be too powerful?

    As an example, you seem to equate the philosophy of Lincoln with authoritarianism. What then is the proper authority of a federal government in the wake of a mass insurrection? What could Lincoln have done differently and how/why would our world be a better place if our nation had divided? From your perspective, the 10th amendment checks Federal power, giving any unenumerated powers to the States. So does this make slavery acceptable so long as it is enforced by a "state" authority? What about freedom of speech? Can an individual state abrogate your right to speech? They certainly could before the 14th amendment.

    Remember also that the constitution itself was a compromise and a fundamental recognition of the need for a strong central state.

    ReplyDelete